PASSION POWERED: River Oaks Academy
Personalized Learning Public Charter School (Homeschool/Independent Study)
Join our community of passionate TK-12th grade learners! We help students explore their interests while following state standards, excelling at testing, and being college and career ready through our WASC accreditation and Career Pathways program. We do it with the help of brilliant teachers, amazing families, and high quality enrichment opportunities!
River Oaks Academy Director, Claudia Weintraub, was recently interviewed by Mark Sylvester for the 805Conversations podcast about her vision of the future of education and how River Oaks Academy helps families succeed in it. Listen to the interview here:
- Definition of Independent Learning
- The role of the family in supporting the student
- Building parent competency
- How to determine if your family is ready for home-schooling
- Project-based learning
- The role of common core standards in homeschooling
- Home-schooled students are more articulate, more polite, more well-rounded and more likely to give back in their community and why that’s true.
- Career Pathway programs
- College and Career readiness
- What the next five years look like for River Oaks